top of page

Car Donation

Get rid of your unwanted car 

If you have a vehicle that you'd like to donate, getting started is easy! Volunteers of America Oregon (VOA Oregon) Charity Connections Vehicle Donation Program allows you to donate your unused vehicle, and choose House of Dreams to receive a portion of sale proceeds.


Go to, select House of Dreams, fill out the required information, and someone from the organization will contact you.


Alternatively, you may also call Volunteers for America Oregon directly at 503-235-8655.


Why should I use the vehicle donation program?
  • You may receive greater value for your vehicle as a charitable contribution on your itemized tax return.

  • You won't have to try and sell the vehicle yourself.

  • House of Dreams is part of the Volunteers of America Oregon Charity Connections Vehicle Donation Program!


What percent of the proceeds does House of Dreams receive?

50% of the vehicle sale proceeds goes to House of Dreams, and 50% goes to VOA Oregon for administrative expenses. The proceeds will be mailed to House of Dreams after the sale of the vehicle.


How will my car be used?

If VOA Oregon can sell your vehicle, they will perform minor repairs to maximize the sale price of the vehicle. If the rare event that the donated vehicle does not yield at least $50 in net proceeds, the proceeds will be absorbed by VOA Oregon as a processing cost.


Does my vehicle have to be running?

Yes, most vehicles must run at the time of donation. Some non-running vehicles may be accepted; please contact VOA directly to discuss it with them.


What types of vehicles can be donated?

Vehicles to be donated include, but are NOT limited to: cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, motor homes, travel trailers, aircraft, and recreational vehicles, to name a few. 


Will they pick up my vehicle, and what is their towing charge?

Yes, they will pick up your vehicle at no charge to you.


What if I have an out of state title?

No problem – VOA Oregon can process a donation with an out-of-state title, and they can accept vehicles in any state.

bottom of page