What cats are available for adoption?
We have a number of cats available for adoption to caring, indoor-only forever homes. Please see Our Cats to get to know the cats at House of Dreams.
What is the adoption fee?
Our regular adoption fee is $65. See below for specials.
What are your current adoption specials?
- Seniors for Seniors: When one of our senior cats (9 years or older) is adopted by a senior citizen, House of Dreams will waive the adoption fee.
- Bonded Pairs: It generally takes longer to find homes for bonded pairs, but we strongly believe in keeping bonded cats together. Bring twice the love into your home, and House of Dreams will reduce the adoption fee to $100 for both cats.
- Seasonal Specials: We also have other specials from time to time with our shelter network partner Best Friends Animal Society. Please contact us for more information: hodadoptions [at] gmail.com (subject: HOD%20Adoptions) .
How can I adopt a cat from House of Dreams?
Adoptions are by appointment only, but we schedule them seven days a week for your convenience. Please contact our adoption team if you're interested in meeting our cats.
Adoption email: hodadoptions [at] gmail.com (subject: HOD%20Adoptions)
What is the adoption process like?
After talking with an adoption counselor, you will meet at House of Dreams to visit with the cats. Once you’ve found the cat(s) of your dreams, you will complete an application, discuss any concerns about welcoming your new family member home, and pay the adoption fee.
After the application has been reviewed and your new feline companion has gone through their pre-adoption veterinary wellness check, a House of Dreams staff member will deliver them to your home with a care package of goodies (includes food, litter, their favorite toys) to help them settle in. You will also receive all of your new kitty’s medical records so that you can continue to provide them with the most appropriate veterinary care.
Will the cat I adopt be vaccinated? Will they be spayed or neutered?
Yes! All cats adopted from House of Dreams are:
- Spayed or neutered
- Up to date on their rabies vaccine
- Up to date on their FVRCP vaccine
- Tested for feline leukemia virus (FeLV) and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)
- Examined during a pre-adoption veterinary wellness check (this includes a dental examination)
- Up to date on required dental surgery (if necessary)
- Delivered to your home
What happens if the cat I adopt doesn’t work out?
The vast majority of cats adopted from House of Dreams live the rest of their lives with their new human families. Rarely, however, things might not work out.
House of Dreams has a lifetime re-intake policy. This means that if you are no longer able to care for your cat, we will take them back into our shelter. Our first priority is the well-being and happiness of the cats we care for. Any cat who is adopted through House of Dreams will always have a home with us if they need it.